Open

Coming up

Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

MEDIAWATCH

Sarkozy criticised for comments about former Justice Minister's origins

Read more

DEBATE

The Pope's Wake Up Call: How to Kickstart "Haggard" Europe

Read more

ENCORE!

Nobody From Nowhere, Asterix and Obelix and In The Family.

Read more

FACE-OFF

François Hollande's private life faces global scrutiny

Read more

FOCUS

One year on, what has Maidan changed in Ukraine?

Read more

WEB NEWS

Web users react to Ferguson grand jury decision

Read more

WEB NEWS

USA: Online reactions to the death of Tamir Rice

Read more

MIDDLE EAST MATTERS

Israel: Business is booming in gun shops

Read more

TALKING EUROPE

Monica Macovei, Former Romanian justice minister

Read more

Asia-pacific

India provides 'evidence' of Pakistani links to Mumbai suspects

Latest update : 2009-03-03

India says it has delivered "evidence" to Pakistan that links the Islamic militants who carried out a series of deadly attacks in Mumbai last November to elements in Islamabad.

AFP - India on Monday handed to Pakistan what it said was evidence linking the country to the Islamic militants who attacked Mumbai in November, India's foreign minister said.
   
"We have today handed over to Pakistan evidence of the links with elements in Pakistan of the terrorists who attacked Mumbai on 26th November, 2008," Pranab Mukherjee told reporters.
   
"What happened in Mumbai was an unpardonable crime. As far as the government of Pakistan is concerned, we ask only that it implement the bilateral commitments that it has made at the highest levels to India, and practises her international obligations. These are clear," he added.
   
New Delhi has also shared the evidence with foreign ministers around the world, the minister said.
   
The Indian foreign ministry will also brief all ambassadors in New Delhi about the ongoing investigation into the Mumbai attacks and Indian ambassadors in other countries will do the same, Mukherjee said.
   
The November 26-29 assault on India's financial capital left 172 people dead, including nine attackers.
   
Pakistan's government has so far said that New Delhi has provided no proof of a Pakistani link to the strikes.
   
But Indian Home Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram said over the weekend that the proof against Pakistan was "overwhelming" and "unanswerable" and indicated that the attackers were backed by the Pakistani authorities.

Date created : 2009-01-05

COMMENT(S)