Open

Coming up

Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

AFRICA NEWS

Frenchman kidnapped in Algeria: 'IS'-linked jihadists claim abduction of 55 year-old tourist

Read more

DEBATE

What's the deal with Turkey? (part 2)

Read more

MEDIAWATCH

The Sarkozy soap opera

Read more

DEBATE

What's the deal with Turkey?

Read more

LIFESTYLES

New road trip

Read more

LIFESTYLES

High-tech in France

Read more

DOWN TO EARTH

Global warming: A drowning planet

Read more

THE BUSINESS INTERVIEW

Christian Kastrop, Director of Policy Studies, OECD

Read more

MEDIAWATCH

Sarkozy's political comeback: Did he ever leave?

Read more

Asia-pacific

Islamabad admits Mumbai attacks partly planned in Pakistan

Video by Nicolas GERMAIN

Latest update : 2009-02-14

Part of the planning for the December attacks in Mumbai that killed more than 160 people was carried out in Pakistan, the country's top interior ministry official said for the first time. Six people have been arrested in connection with the attacks.

AFP - The Mumbai attacks that killed 165 people last November were partly planned in Pakistan, a top-level Islamabad official admitted for the first time Thursday.
   
"The incident happened in India and part of the conspiracy was hatched in Pakistan," interior ministry chief Rehman Malik told reporters.
   
Pakistan has lodged a "first information report" with police in Islamabad and six people have been arrrested in connection with the attacks following an investigation on the basis of information provided by India, Malik added.
   
He said the case had been registered with a special investigation unit in Islamabad.
   
It is the first time a senior official in Islamabad has admitted that any planning took place in Pakistan.
   
New Delhi blamed the attacks on the banned Pakistani-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba.
   
 

Date created : 2009-02-12

COMMENT(S)