Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

EYE ON AFRICA

South African court rules Jacob Zuma should face corruption charges

Read more

MEDIAWATCH

A Royal Challenge from the Obamas

Read more

THE WORLD THIS WEEK

Lights go out in Venezuela and Saudi Arabia goes green (part 1)

Read more

THE WORLD THIS WEEK

Stalemate in Spain and Protests in Paris (part 2)

Read more

FRANCE IN FOCUS

Cinema, a French love affair

Read more

#TECH 24

'VR' immersive journalism

Read more

REVISITED

Nepal revisited, one year after the deadly earthquake

Read more

YOU ARE HERE

France's River Charente, a rich ecosystem

Read more

FOCUS

Libya: Who's running the country?

Read more

FIA ready to postpone 'winner takes all' system till 2010

Latest update : 2009-03-20

Under pressure from Formula One teams, which rejected the new 'winner takes all' system, the Formula One governing body (FIA) said they were ready to postpone it until 2010.

AFP - Formula One's governing body on Friday said that they would shelve the 'winner-takes-all' system, whereby the world champion would be the driver with most race wins, until 2010, if teams objected to the idea.

"On March 17, the FIA World Motor Sport Council unanimously rejected FOTA’s proposed amendment to the points system for the Formula One Drivers’ Championship," said a statement released by the FIA.

"The 'winner takes all' proposal made by the commercial rights holder (who had been told that the teams were in favour) was then approved.

"If, for any reason, the Formula One teams do not now agree with the new system, its implementation will be deferred until 2010."

 

Date created : 2009-03-20

COMMENT(S)