Open

Coming up

Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

BUSINESS DAILY

No deal to cut oil output ahead of OPEC summit

Read more

THE INTERVIEW

Tunisia’s Essebsi ‘personifies old regime’, says rival Marzouki

Read more

MEDIAWATCH

#Ferguson

Read more

DEBATE

After Ferguson: What's Broken in America? (part 2)

Read more

DEBATE

After Ferguson: What's Broken in America?

Read more

THE INTERVIEW

David Nabarro, UN special envoy on Ebola

Read more

THE INTERVIEW

Tunisia’s Essebsi says ready to form pluralist govt

Read more

WEB NEWS

USA: online reactions to the death of Tamir Rice

Read more

FOCUS

Working with offenders also key to ending domestic violence

Read more

FIA ready to postpone 'winner takes all' system till 2010

Latest update : 2009-03-20

Under pressure from Formula One teams, which rejected the new 'winner takes all' system, the Formula One governing body (FIA) said they were ready to postpone it until 2010.

AFP - Formula One's governing body on Friday said that they would shelve the 'winner-takes-all' system, whereby the world champion would be the driver with most race wins, until 2010, if teams objected to the idea.

"On March 17, the FIA World Motor Sport Council unanimously rejected FOTA’s proposed amendment to the points system for the Formula One Drivers’ Championship," said a statement released by the FIA.

"The 'winner takes all' proposal made by the commercial rights holder (who had been told that the teams were in favour) was then approved.

"If, for any reason, the Formula One teams do not now agree with the new system, its implementation will be deferred until 2010."

 

Date created : 2009-03-20

COMMENT(S)