Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

MEDIAWATCH

The refugees of Manus Island

Read more

EYE ON AFRICA

Zimbabwe's opposition leader says he hasn't been called upon to be part of the new government

Read more

THE DEBATE

Palestinian Reconciliation: Will Fatah, Hamas agreement succeed?

Read more

FOCUS

Could Pakistan be your next holiday destination?

Read more

THE POLITICAL BRIEF

Defeated presidential candidate Fillon bids farewell to French politics

Read more

INSIDE THE AMERICAS

Charles Manson: Murderer and cult leader dies after 47 years in prison

Read more

PEOPLE & PROFIT

Bricks vs. clicks: Will e-commerce finish off the high street shop?

Read more

ENCORE!

Eastwood & Gainsbourg: Can the children of geniuses step out from their famous shadows?

Read more

FRENCH CONNECTIONS

Is France a chain-smoking nation?

Read more

Inter Milan's coach fined for attacking referees

Latest update : 2009-03-20

Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho was fined 25,000 euros for allegations made against Italian officials. He said they made decisions on the pitch in favor of Juventus Turin, which follows Inter Milan in the Italian championship.

REUTERS - Inter Milan and Jose Mourinho have been fined 25,000 euros ($34,240) each after the Portuguese coach alleged Juventus benefited from mistakes by officials this season, the Italian Soccer Federation (FIGC) said on Friday.
 

Mourinho's allegations were made amid controversy after a 3-3 Serie A draw with AS Roma at the San Siro earlier this month following a row over a hotly-disputed penalty.
 

He said his rivals had manipulated public opinion against the league leaders and that second-placed Juventus, demoted in a match-fixing scandal in 2006, had benefited from refereeing errors. Juve reacted furiously to Mourinho's comments.
 

Roma's Daniele De Rossi and his club were also each handed 20,000 euro fines after the midfielder suggested in post-match interviews that Serie A referees were biased and also alleged Inter's Mario Balotelli dived to win a penalty in their draw.
 

The FIGC disciplinary commission also said in a statement that it was not in a position to rule on charges that Balotelli had made offensive gestures to an opponent in the game.

Date created : 2009-03-20

COMMENT(S)