For the fifth time (2003, 23004, 2005, 2008) England's David Beckham is football's best-paid player with a total income of 32.4 million euros. Barcelona striker Thierry Henry is France's richest, with 17 million euros, and ranked world fifth.
With a yearly earning of 32.4 million euros, England midfielder David Beckham is the world's highest-paid football player, reveals French weekly France Football. The amount cited includes Beckham's salary as well as other incomes. Argentina's Lionel Messi (28.6 million euros) follows closely behind, with 2008 Ballon d'Or Cristiano Ronaldo coming in fourth, with earnings of 18.3 million euros.
Barcelona striker Thierry Henry is France's richest player, with earnings of 17 million euros.
No player under a French club shirt is present in the top ten.
World ranking :
1. David Beckham (AC Milan): 32.4 million euros
2. Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona): 28.6 millions euros
3. Ronaldinho (AC Milan): 19.6 millions d'euros
4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United): 18.3 millions euros
5. Thierry Henry (FC Barcelona): 17 million euros
6. Kaka (AC Milan): 15.1 million euros
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan): 14 million euros
8. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United): 13.5 million euros
9. Frank Lampard (Chelsea): 13 million euros
10. John Terry (Chelsea): 11.7 million euros
Date created : 2009-03-31