Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

MEDIAWATCH

Anticipating the debate

Read more

EYE ON AFRICA

Abubakar Shekau says he is still leading Boko Haram

Read more

THE DEBATE

Peace at last? Colombia, FARC rebels sign historic peace accord (part 1)

Read more

THE DEBATE

Peace at last? Colombia, FARC rebels sign historic peace accord (part 2)

Read more

ENCORE!

Music show: Mykki Blanco, Van Morrison & The Weeknd’s duo with Daft Punk

Read more

FOCUS

FRANCE 24 exclusive: The last stand for Libya’s Oil Crescent

Read more

TALKING EUROPE

Greece’s minister of tourism: ‘Tourism is a government priority’

Read more

TALKING EUROPE

Terrorism, strike actions and migrant crisis: Is the EU becoming less attractive to tourists?

Read more

BUSINESS DAILY

Moody's cuts Turkey's credit rating to junk

Read more

Injured Frenchman Gasquet won't play at Monte Carlo

Latest update : 2009-04-11

French tennis hope Richard Gasquet won't play at the clay season opening tournament in Monte Carlo. The player has suffered a shoulder injury but hopes to be able to compete at the Barcelona Open on April 20.

AFP - France's Richard Gasquet has pulled out of the Monte Carlo Masters after failing to shrug off a persistent right shoulder injury, organisers announced Friday.
  
The problem had already forced the world number 23, who last played at Indian Wells at the beginning of March, to skip the Miami Masters.
  
"He is still feeling the injury," said Patrice Hagelaur, an official with Gasquet's management company, Team Lagardere.
  
The former French number one, who had made a bright start to the year with semi-final appearances in Brisbane, Sydney and Dubai, is hoping to return at the Barcelona Open which starts on April 20.

Date created : 2009-04-10

COMMENT(S)