Open

Coming up

Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

WEB NEWS

Sydney siege: Australians show solidarity with Muslims

Read more

ENCORE!

"Charlie's Country" director Rolf de Heer on the contemporary Aboriginal condition

Read more

FOCUS

Hunt for Joseph Kony and LRA militants continues

Read more

THE INTERVIEW

‘China needs Tibetan culture of peace,’ says Dalai Lama

Read more

FACE-OFF

Immigration in France: Hollande slams scaremongers

Read more

ENCORE!

'Charlie's Country' director Rolf de Heer on the contemporary Aboriginal condition

Read more

MIDDLE EAST MATTERS

Egypt: Gay community fears government crackdown

Read more

DEBATE

Taliban school massacre: At least 140 dead in Peshawar assault (part 2)

Read more

DEBATE

Taliban school massacre: At least 140 dead in Peshawar assault (part 1)

Read more

Injured Frenchman Gasquet won't play at Monte Carlo

Latest update : 2009-04-11

French tennis hope Richard Gasquet won't play at the clay season opening tournament in Monte Carlo. The player has suffered a shoulder injury but hopes to be able to compete at the Barcelona Open on April 20.

AFP - France's Richard Gasquet has pulled out of the Monte Carlo Masters after failing to shrug off a persistent right shoulder injury, organisers announced Friday.
  
The problem had already forced the world number 23, who last played at Indian Wells at the beginning of March, to skip the Miami Masters.
  
"He is still feeling the injury," said Patrice Hagelaur, an official with Gasquet's management company, Team Lagardere.
  
The former French number one, who had made a bright start to the year with semi-final appearances in Brisbane, Sydney and Dubai, is hoping to return at the Barcelona Open which starts on April 20.

Date created : 2009-04-10

COMMENT(S)