AFP - A bomb blast and a separate militant attack in southern Afghanistan on Monday killed 20 people, including 14 civilians, police and a government official said.
A roadside bomb struck a group of Kuchi nomads travelling by tractor and trailer in Zabul province, killing a dozen of them, including children, a district chief said.
They were travelling with their belongings, said Shamalzai district chief Wazir Mohammad.
"A roadside bomb struck their vehicle and killed 12 people," he said, adding the dead included six women, two children and four men.
Taliban fighters separately attacked a construction site near the provincial capital Qalat where labourers were rebuilding bridges destroyed in militant raids, deputy provincial police chief Ghulam Jialani said.
Six of the security guards protecting the workers were killed in the shoot-out along with two civilian passers-by, he said.
The Taliban were in power between 1996 and 2001 and are waging an insurgency against the new government led by President Hamid Karzai.
They warned last week that they would step up attacks on government officials as well as on Afghan soldiers and the nearly 70,000 international troops who support them.