Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

IN THE PRESS

Macron and Trump: Dandruff diplomacy?

Read more

PERSPECTIVE

Big data: ‘A key democratic issue’

Read more

MIDDLE EAST MATTERS

Susan Meiselas: Kurdistan through the lens

Read more

BUSINESS DAILY

Global wine production drops to lowest level in 60 years

Read more

MEDIAWATCH

Trump and Macron media moments in the US

Read more

ENCORE!

Photographer Clare Strand explores the causes and consequences of communication breakdown

Read more

IN THE PRESS

Fashion and ethics: Five years after Bangladesh factory collapse, what's changed?

Read more

FOCUS

Israel’s migrant crisis: Clear government signals, but unclear decisions

Read more

MEDIAWATCH

Louis XIV's message for the British royal baby

Read more

Europe

McCanns release artist's impression of suspect in Maddie case

Video by Fiona CAMERON

Latest update : 2009-05-07

Just over two years have passed since British child Madeleine McCann disappeared from her holiday apartment in Portugal. A new UK documentary cites five different sightings of a man who could be linked to Maddie's vanishing.

AFP - The parents of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann issued a new picture Thursday of a man described as "very ugly" sought over her disappearance in Portugal two years ago.
  
The artist's impression depicts a dark-haired man with pockmarked skin and a large nose who was seen watching the holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz where the three-year-old disappeared on May 3, 2007.
  
The description was given by a British woman who was also on holiday and said she saw the man twice in the days before the toddler went missing, "acting suspiciously" on April 29, and then again three days later.
  
The last appeal for information came in December last year when Madeleine's parents Gerry and Kate released fresh video footage of Madeleine playing, five months before she disappeared.
  
Portuguese police named Gerry and Kate McCann as "arguidos", or formal suspects, in their daughter's disappearance, in September 2007, but prosecutors announced in July 2008 that they were no longer suspects.
  
Portuguese police have said they are no longer actively investigating the case.
  

Date created : 2009-05-07

COMMENT(S)