Open

Coming up

Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

AFRICA NEWS

Kenya: Security law approved despite disruptions in Parliament

Read more

DEBATE

Wrecked Rouble: Putin Defiant as Currency Tumbles (part 2)

Read more

DEBATE

Wrecked Rouble: Putin Defiant as Currency Tumbles (part 1)

Read more

FOCUS

Video: Pakistan in mourning after school massacre

Read more

IN THE PAPERS

'Castro's hipster apologists want to keep Cuba authentically poor'

Read more

IN THE PAPERS

Cuban Diaspora divided along generational lines

Read more

BUSINESS DAILY

EU investment: Juncker's plan expected to generate €315bn

Read more

MEDIAWATCH

Depardieu launches "Proud to be Russian" watch range

Read more

DEBATE

SPECIAL: US and Cuba Normalise Relations

Read more

Europe

McCanns release artist's impression of suspect in Maddie case

Video by Fiona CAMERON

Latest update : 2009-05-07

Just over two years have passed since British child Madeleine McCann disappeared from her holiday apartment in Portugal. A new UK documentary cites five different sightings of a man who could be linked to Maddie's vanishing.

AFP - The parents of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann issued a new picture Thursday of a man described as "very ugly" sought over her disappearance in Portugal two years ago.
  
The artist's impression depicts a dark-haired man with pockmarked skin and a large nose who was seen watching the holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz where the three-year-old disappeared on May 3, 2007.
  
The description was given by a British woman who was also on holiday and said she saw the man twice in the days before the toddler went missing, "acting suspiciously" on April 29, and then again three days later.
  
The last appeal for information came in December last year when Madeleine's parents Gerry and Kate released fresh video footage of Madeleine playing, five months before she disappeared.
  
Portuguese police named Gerry and Kate McCann as "arguidos", or formal suspects, in their daughter's disappearance, in September 2007, but prosecutors announced in July 2008 that they were no longer suspects.
  
Portuguese police have said they are no longer actively investigating the case.
  

Date created : 2009-05-07

COMMENT(S)