Several wounded in defence test site blast, ministry says
Latest update : 2009-12-03
At least six people were injured in an explosion at a South Korean defence research institute in Pocheon, the Defence Ministry said on Thursday, contradicting earlier reports that 60 people had been injured.
REUTERS - South Korea's Defence Ministry on Thursday said 60 people were injured, three seriously, in a blast at an explosives test site north of the capital.
An earlier ministry report said six people were injured, and that three deaths reported in local media could not be confirmed.
The site is 45 km (28 miles) northwest of Seoul and about 30 km from the heavily defended border with North Korea.
"At 1140 (0240 GMT) in the morning, there was an explosion during an explosives test," an official told Reuters.
He said three of those injured were in critical condition.
Date created : 2009-12-03