The FBI has released hundreds of pages from classified files concerning late pop icon Michael Jackson, revealing FBI-gathered information on the various sex-abuse cases involving the star, who died of an overdose in June.
AFP - The US Federal Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday released hundreds of pages from files on Michael Jackson, revealing the agency assisted in the child molestation probes involving the late pop icon.
Responding to requests from various media organizations, the FBI issued more than 300 pages of documents relating to Jackson, who died in June at the age of 50 following an overdose of prescription drugs.
The documents contained no new information about Jackson's mysterious death, which is the subject of a criminal investigation targeting the singer's personal physician, Conrad Murray.
However the papers reveal information about a 1992 extortion plot involving a stalker who falsely claimed to be the son of notorious New York mobster John Gotti and threatened to kill Jackson.
Other papers related to the FBI's assistance in the investigations into Jackson stemming from 1993 and 2003 allegations of child sex abuse against the star. Jackson was eventually acquitted of all charges at his 2005 "Trial of the Century" in California.
The Michael Jackson business
- New Michael Jackson music video premieres on Twitter
- How Michael Jackson has made $700 million since his death
- Brazil races to be ready for World Cup
- Kurt Cobain, Kiss to enter Rock and Roll hall of fame
- Music producer Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson estate
- Amnesty International accuses US of war crimes in Pakistan
- Jackson family loses lawsuit against tour promoter
- An African Tribute to Michael Jackson
- Jackson family sues promoter over pop star's death
- Jermaine Jackson: a brother's story
Another file meanwhile related to a 1995 request by a US Customs agent in Florida seeking analysis of a VHS videotape connected to Jackson to see if it contained child pornography.
Forensic specialists discovered that the tape -- labeled "Michael Jackson's Neverland Favorites -- An All Boy Anthology" was a "poor quality third or fourth generation recording."
It was not clear from the FBI documents what, if anything, could be seen on the tape.
Date created : 2009-12-23