AT&T latest to lose faith in Tiger Woods
Latest update : 2009-12-31
US telecommunications firm AT&T has become the latest company to drop its sponsorship deal with disgraced golf star Tiger Woods, saying it "wished him well in the future".
AFP - US telecoms giant AT&T announced Thursday that it was dropping its sponsorship deal with disgraced golfing star Tiger Woods who has been embroiled in a sensational sex scandal.
"We are ending our sponsorship agreement with Tiger Woods and wish him well in the future," the company said in a statement.
It was the latest blow for Woods since he crashed his car into a tree and fire hydrant in the early hours of November 27, unleashing a storm of revelations about his personal life.
The crash came just days after a US tabloid had reported that he was having an affair and thrust Woods and his wife, Elin, and two young children into the center of a media storm.
As the revelations grew, Woods was linked to at least 14 other women, forcing the golf superstar to admit in a statement on his website that he had been unfaithful. He also said he was taking an indefinite break from golf to focus on rebuilding his marriage.
In one of the most stunning falls from grace ever seen, Woods's squeaky-clean marketing juggernaut image was destroyed.
Date created : 2009-12-31
