- British politics - David Cameron - environment - France - Gordon Brown - Greece - Nick Clegg - oil - UK Elections - USA
UK election: Brown on the Ropes? (part 2)
In this edition of The World This Week: with now less than a week to go before one of the most closely fought general elections in UK history, our panel discusses whether it's game over for PM Gordon Brown after his gaffe on Wednesday. But also: after the Greek debt crisis, Spain and Portugal are hit by the "domino effect"; a massive oil slick threatens the US Gulf Coast; and France's Nicolas Sarkozy mends ties with China.
A debate with François Picard and guests:
● Alison Smale, Executive Editor, International Herald Tribune
● Philip Turle, journalist, Radio France International (RFI)
● Judah Grunstein, Managing Editor, World Politics Review
● Anne-Elisabeth Moutet, Columnist, Sunday Telegraph