Don't miss

Replay


LATEST SHOWS

THE DEBATE

Boko Haram Kidnappings: Can Nigerian schoolgirls be protected?

Read more

FOCUS

'It's a jungle out there': Sleeping rough in the City of Light

Read more

PEOPLE & PROFIT

Brand Trump: Has the US president damaged his company's reputation?

Read more

ENCORE!

Oscars sneak peek: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'I, Tonya' and 'Darkest Hour'

Read more

FRENCH CONNECTIONS

Are the French rude, or is it a big misunderstanding?

Read more

INSIDE THE AMERICAS

Gun control in the US: A glimmer of compromise?

Read more

THE INTERVIEW

Opposition activist Evan Mawarire: Zimbabweans hope they can 'reset our future'

Read more

IN THE PRESS

Donald Trump's cheat sheet

Read more

IN THE PRESS

'Powerless in Syria' or 'Complicit in the bombings'?

Read more

Asia-pacific

NATO attack killed at least 45 civilians, says Afghan government

Text by News Wires

Latest update : 2010-07-26

A NATO attack during fighting between ISAF troops and Taliban insurgents killed at least 45 civilians in Helmand province last week, according to an Afghan government spokesman on Monday.

REUTERS - At least 45 civilians, many women and children, were killed in a rocket attack by the NATO-led force in Afghanistan's southern Helmand province last week, a spokesman for the Afghan government said on Monday.
 
The incident happened in Helmand's Sangin district on Friday when civilians crammed into a mud-built house to flee fighting between NATO-led International Security Assistance
Force (ISAF) troops and Taliban insurgents, Siyamak Herawi told Reuters.
 
A spokesman for ISAF said on Sunday they were aware of reports about the incident and were investigating. Further comment was not immediately available.

Date created : 2010-07-26

COMMENT(S)