The French army has deployed 250 troops in the Central African Republic capital of Bangui to secure sensitive sites in the city, according to a military spokesperson.
Latest update: 20/08/2010
- Europe - France - Roma people - Romania
Roma: political scapegoats?
In France 93 people of Roma ethnicity were put on flights to bucharest, among the 700 romanian and bulgarian Roma that the French government has decided to throw out before the end of August. All are said to be volunteers who've accepted the government's offer of money to help them resettle. Is the government right to get tough with those who flought the law?
- Florent PARMENTIER, Post doctoral fellow, Sciences po Paris
- Ann Cary DANA, Lawyor, expert in European free movement rules
- Robert KUSHEN, Executive Director, European Roma Rights Centre
- Sanda NICOLA, France24 Correspondent in Romania
Programme prepared by Narimene Laouadi and Yi Song.