Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 30/08/2010
- al Qaeda - diplomacy - elections - Germany - HIV - hostages - Maghreb - Nicolas Sarkozy - real estate - unemployment - USA
THE WORLD THIS WEEK - Friday, 27th of August - Part 2
This friday in One Week in The World : AQIM and the release of the two Spanish hostages; will US economy (real estate, increasing of unemployment) have impacts on the midterms? Unease at the quai d’Orsay with Sarkozy & the diplomatic corps. Finally Nadja Benaissa, the german pop star accused of infecting a former partner with the virus has been given a two-year suspended prison sentence.
On the set:
- Alison Smale, Directrice de la rédaction, International Herald Tribune
- Célestine Bohlen, Freelance journalist
- Philip Turle, Journalist, RFI
- Edward Cody, Paris correspondent, Washington Post
Programme prepared by Mounia Ben Aïssa