France has been hit by a general strike for the second time in a month. The issue that has brought protesters onto the streets is that of pension and retirement reform. Other strikes have been taking place in Greece, the Czech Republic and Spain. A pan-European day of action is planned for September 29th.
- Christian STOFFAES, President, French-German council of economic analysis
- Andrew WATT, Senior Researcher, ETUI (European Trade Union Institute)
- Raquel GARRIDO, National Secretary, Party of the Left
- Ian WILLOUGHBY, France 24 Correspondent in Prague
- Sarah MORRIS, France 24 Correspondent in Madrid
Programme prepared by Perrine Desplats and Yi Song.