Latest update: 01/11/2010
- demonstrations - Economic crisis - Europe - Reform
Europe strikes: is austerity the answer?
In Europe, with all governments taking a belt-tightening attitude towards sorting out the financial crisis, and with workers taking to the streets across the Continent, is austerity the real solution?
- Ali FATEMI, Professor, American Graduate School of Business and Economics
- Alfio CERAMI, Research Associate, Centre for European Studies, Sciences Po Paris
- Moncef CHEIKH-ROUHOU, Professor of International Finance, Paris
- Markus KERBER, Professor of Political Economics, Technische Universität, Berlin
Program prepared by Perrine Desplats and Yi Song.