Iran’s election authorities have excluded former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani and Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, a top aide of outgoing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, from the country’s June 14 presidential ballot.
Latest update: 29/10/2010
- France - Reform - Retirement - strike
Pension reforms: showdown in the streets (Part 2)
It was the largest day of protest since Nicolas Sarkozy became president in 2007. But what did the demonstrations against pension reform change and why do the French always resort to industrial action?
- Rafael NEDZYNSKI, « Force Ouvrière » Union
- Jonas HADDAD, National Delegate, UMP’s youth movement
- Vanina MARSOT, Translator, Author of “Foreign Tongue: A Novel of Life and Love in Paris”
- Asghar ZAIDI, Director Research, European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research
Program prepared by Perrine Desplats and Yi Song.