French President Nicholas Sarkozy addressed the nation on national television on Tuesday after carrying out a major cabinet reshuffle. The new government has been called “a campaign team” selected for the run-up to the 2012 presidential election.
AFP - French President Nicolas Sarkozy went on prime time television Tuesday to address the French people after reshuffling his cabinet, laying out his conservative agenda ahead of a 2012 presidential vote.
WHO GOT WHAT?
- Finance Minister: Christine Lagarde
- Interior Minister: Brice Hortefeux
- Defence Minister: Alain Juppé
- Foreign Affairs Minister: Michèle Alliot-Marie
- Education Minister: Luc Chatel
- Justice Minister: Michel Mercier
- Labour Minister: Xavier Bertrand
- Agriculture Minister: Bruno Le Maire
- Culture Minister: Frédéric Mitterrand
The wide-ranging television interview was Sarkozy's first since July when his government was embroiled in a multi-layered scandal involving then labour minister Eric Woerth and L'Oreal billionaire heiress Liliane Bettencourt.
Date created : 2010-11-16