The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- US officials cross into North Korea to prepare for summit
- North Korea’s Kim committed to talks and denuclearisation, says South Korean counterpart
- Trump now says summit with North Korea still possible
- Weinstein in court; Ireland abortion vote; Italy's populist takeover
- 'The art of the fail'? Papers react to cancelled US-North Korea summit
- North Korea says it has dismantled nuclear test site
- North Korea slams 'ignorant and stupid' Mike Pence
- Philip Roth: Polarising, prolific, provocative
- Trump casts doubt on historic North Korea summit as Moon visits White House
- Team Yanny or Team Laurel? Audio clip leaves internet stumped
Date created : 2010-11-23