The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- Daughter of key figure in S. Korean scandal arrested in Denmark
- Independent candidates struggle to get on the ballot for China's local elections
- Clinton's ill health becomes 'presidential issue'
- More than 100 dead, hundreds missing in North Korea floods
- North Korea 'ready to carry out new nuclear test'
- US envoy warns North Korea of unilateral sanctions over nuclear test
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into sea near Japan
- N. Korea fires three ballistic missiles, says South
- North Korea tests submarine missile, a failure says Seoul
- US urges 'united' UN condemnation of North Korea missile launches
Date created : 2010-11-23