The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- Video: N. Korea declares ‘ready for war’ at anniversary military parade
- North Korea says it has restarted nuclear bomb fuel plant
- Koreas agree to hold reunions of war-divided families
- North Korea hails ‘landmark’ accord with South
- North, South Korea reach agreement to reduce tensions
- North, South Korea resume conflict crisis talks
- North Korea sets up own time zone in snub to Japan
- No more 'quotas'
- Prince Charles's 'black spider memos' released
- North Korea 'executes defence chief' who fell asleep at meeting
Date created : 2010-11-23