The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- N. Korea fires submarine-launched ballistic missile towards Japan
- US, South Korea begin military drills amid Pyongyang threats
- North Korean state media call defector 'human scum'
- North Korea's deputy ambassador in UK defects to South
- India: The activists struggling to end female genital mutilation
- US predicts UN will swiftly condemn North Korea missile launches
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into sea near Japan
- N. Korea fires three ballistic missiles, says South
- North Korea tests submarine missile, a failure says Seoul
- US urges 'united' UN condemnation of North Korea missile launches
Date created : 2010-11-23