The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- No more 'quotas'
- Prince Charles's 'black spider memos' released
- North Korea 'executes defence chief' who fell asleep at meeting
- North Korean diplomats storm out of UN rights meeting
- Police beat kids in Guinea, and militias dynamite homes in Iraq
- North Korea says Mexico ‘forcibly detaining’ grounded ship
- Sony boss condemns 'vicious' cyber attack
- US launches N. Korea sanctions over Sony cyberattack
- North Korean leader proposes talks with South
- 'If the missing AirAsia plane crashed, 2014 was one of deadliest years in almost a decade'
Date created : 2010-11-23