The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- 'Major' conflict with N. Korea a possibility, says Trump
- White House softens N. Korea war talk, targets sanctions
- US THAAD missile defence system deployed to South Korean site
- Trump's best enemy? North Korea in Washington's crosshairs (part 2)
- Trump's best enemy? North Korea in Washington's crosshairs (part 1)
- US reassures Japan amid warning of ‘weekly’ N. Korean missiles
- New York Times criticised for op-ed by hunger strike leader
- Trump talks tough on North Korea, says Kim 'gotta behave'
- Pence visits Korean demilitarised zone
- Pope denounces ‘oppressive regimes’ in Easter message
Date created : 2010-11-23