The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- North Korea offers talks on sending art troupe to Olympics
- North, South Korea talks 'happened in spite of Trump, not because of him'
- S. Korea president says open to meeting with North's Kim Jong-Un
- Oprah Winfrey for president? Please 'don't', say the papers
- North Korea to send Olympics team to South
- North, South Korea begin first formal talks in two years
- Trump says he'd be open to talking to North Korean leader
- North Korea agrees to first formal talks with South in two years
- Controversy over Trump's 'my button is bigger than yours' tweet
- Olympic Truce? Koreas reopen dialogue as Kim, Trump trade taunts
Date created : 2010-11-23