The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- US urges 'united' UN condemnation of North Korea missile launches
- North Korea fires second missile in defiance of UN resolutions
- Attempted North Korea missile launch fails, says South
- BBC journalist expelled for ‘insulting dignity’ of N. Korea
- North Korea’s Kim says will not use nuclear arms unless threatened
- 'No weddings, no funerals in North Korea so Kim Jong-un can party'
- North Korea stages once-in-a-generation party congress
- North Korea sentences US man to 10 years hard labour 'for spying'
- North Korea says it has miniaturised nuclear warhead
- S. Korea, US hold joint exercises as North threatens 'all-out' attack
Date created : 2010-11-23