The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- BBC journalist expelled for ‘insulting dignity’ of N. Korea
- North Korea’s Kim says will not use nuclear arms unless threatened
- 'No weddings, no funerals in North Korea so Kim Jong-un can party'
- North Korea stages once-in-a-generation party congress
- North Korea sentences US man to 10 years hard labour 'for spying'
- Nigeria: 'Chibok girls must be found and freed'
- US Secretary of State Kerry in historic visit to Hiroshima memorial
- Former North Korean refugee in China: 'My mother was sold for 65 dollars'
- N.Korea claims successful long-range rocket engine test
- United States and China vow to work together to curb North Korea nuclear tests
Date created : 2010-11-23