The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- North Korea says US student's death a 'mystery'
- Portugal's papers soul-searching after deadly fires
- Otto Warmbier dies less than a week after being freed by North Korea
- Congressman shooting; In Macron we trust; Rodman the unlikely peacemaker (part 2)
- US student released from N. Korea with ‘extensive brain damage’
- N. Korea ‘terrorised and brutalised’ US student, says father
- US student freed from North Korean prison 'in a coma'
- North Korea reportedly fired 'surface-to-ship' cruise missiles
- UN Security Council blacklists North Korea for missile tests
- North Korea stokes tensions with new missile test
Date created : 2010-11-23