The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- Clinton's ill health becomes 'presidential issue'
- More than 100 dead, hundreds missing in North Korea floods
- North Korea 'ready to carry out new nuclear test'
- US envoy warns North Korea of unilateral sanctions over nuclear test
- 'A beauty contest was judged by AI and the robots didn't like dark skin'
- North Korea's 'biggest' nuclear test sparks global outrage
- N. Korea fires submarine-launched ballistic missile towards Japan
- US, South Korea begin military drills amid Pyongyang threats
- North Korean state media call defector 'human scum'
- North Korea's deputy ambassador in UK defects to South
Date created : 2010-11-23