The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- North Korea conducts 'failed' missile test
- Xi and Tillerson pledge cooperation on nuclear-armed North Korea
- Video: Former Jimmy Carter adviser calls on China to take joint stand towards North Korea
- Former Carter adviser calls on China to take joint stand towards N. Korea
- 'Neo-Cold War' alignment in the Korean Peninsula?
- Escalation: North Korea takes on all comers (part 1)
- Escalation: North Korea takes on all comers (part 2)
- Backlash after Ben Carson refers to slaves as 'immigrants'
- Pyongyang bars Malaysians from leaving N. Korea as tensions over Kim death mount
- US deploys defence system after North's ballistic missile test
Date created : 2010-11-23