The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- Japan's PM Abe on course for election victory
- Prime Minister Abe poised for landslide victory in Japan's general election
- Has the Weinstein scandal 'freed' women from their silence?
- US official says not ruling out direct talks with N.Korea
- Who's the 'moron'? Trump claims his IQ is higher than Tillerson's
- Suspects plead not guilty to murder of N. Korean leader's half-brother
- Trump says Tillerson is 'wasting time' trying to negotiate with N. Korea
- Tillerson says US has direct channels to talk to North Korea
- Tillerson opens 'three channels' of communication to N. Korea
- Trump strikes bellicose tone on North Korea in speech to UN General Assembly
Date created : 2010-11-23