The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- N. Korea sentences US man to six years of hard labour
- North Korea 'backs Scottish independence'
- Tokyo determined to secure return of abducted citizens from North Korea
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Japan to lift some sanctions on North Korea
- Two Americans to face trial in N. Korea, Pyongyang says
- North Korea fires two ballistic missiles to defy UN ban
- Stand-off with South Korean soldier who killed five troops
- North Korea arrests US tourist over ‘illegal’ activities
- The Future of Warfare: Science Fiction or Fact?
Date created : 2010-11-23