The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- N. Korea not amused by London hair salon's Kim Jong-un ad
- Back to the future
- Valls to the rescue?
- North, South Korea exchange fire across disputed sea border
- North Korea threatens new nuclear tests
- US Navy seizes rogue Libya oil tanker, Pentagon says
- Ousted Libyan PM Zeidan says no-confidence vote was 'falsified'
- Libyan troops seize North Korea-flagged oil tanker
- Libya threatens to bomb N.Korea oil ship trading with rebels
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-un stands in ‘election’
Date created : 2010-11-23