The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- UN panel calls for North Korea human rights probe
- Two detainees held in North Korea arrive back in US
- North Korea releases two detained US citizens
- 'Who still wants Obama?'
- S. Korea takes down disputed border ‘Christmas tree’
- US citizen released from North Korea
- Where in the world is Kim Jong-un?
- N. Korean leader's latest no-show fuels speculation
- The West faces up to Ebola
- North, South Korea agree to talks during surprise visit
Date created : 2010-11-23