The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- S. Korea takes down disputed border ‘Christmas tree’
- US citizen released from North Korea
- Where was Kim Jong-un? Web users investigate
- North and South Korea hold talks amid border tensions
- Kim Jong-un strolls back into public view
- North Korea’s leader reappears in public
- Where in the world is Kim Jong-un?
- N. Korean leader's latest no-show fuels speculation
- The West faces up to Ebola
- North, South Korea agree to talks during surprise visit
Date created : 2010-11-23