The US has vowed to act with China and other world powers to seek a "measured and unified" response to Tuesday's military clashes between North and South Korea. Pyongyang shelled an island near a disputed area, killing two South Korean soldiers.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers including China.
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- Canadian pastor detained in North Korea
- North Korea welcomes back travellers as Ebola fears fade
- Sanctioned North Korea shipping firm 'renamed ships' to remain active
- Border attacks raise tensions between China and North Korea
- Sony boss condemns 'vicious' cyber attack
- US launches N. Korea sanctions over Sony cyberattack
- North Korea blames US for Internet outage
- 'The Interview' takes in $1 million in limited release
- US cinemas start screening N. Korea comedy ‘The Interview’
- N. Korea will have no 'physical reaction' to 'Interview' release
Date created : 2010-11-23