US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- North Korea accuses Trump of declaring war
- New Trump travel ban targets North Korea, Venezuela, Chad
- N. Korea's foreign minister says Trump is 'mentally deranged'
- 'Natural' quake detected near N. Korea nuclear site
- China to limit oil supply to North Korea
- Power Play in Barcelona, May's Brexit speech
- War of unknown words: Kim Jong-un calls Trump a 'dotard'
- 'Deranged' Trump will 'pay dearly' for UN threats, says Kim Jong Un
- Trump orders new sanctions to squeeze North Korea nuclear program
- North Korea seeks military 'equilibrium' with US
Date created : 2010-11-24