US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- North Korea sentences US man to 10 years hard labour 'for spying'
- Nigeria: 'Chibok girls must be found and freed'
- US Secretary of State Kerry in historic visit to Hiroshima memorial
- Former North Korean refugee in China: 'My mother was sold for 65 dollars'
- N.Korea claims successful long-range rocket engine test
- United States and China vow to work together to curb North Korea nuclear tests
- India's railway service stretched to its limits
- North Korea ‘fires ballistic missile into sea’
- North Korea sentences US student to 15 years hard labour
- North Korea orders nuclear warhead test in wake of UN sanctions
Date created : 2010-11-24