US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- North Korea hails ‘landmark’ accord with South
- North, South Korea reach agreement to reduce tensions
- North, South Korea resume conflict crisis talks
- South, North Korea officials meet in bid to ease tension
- North Korea orders frontline troops onto war footing
- North and South Korea ‘exchange fire at border’
- South Korea and US launch major military drill
- North Korea sets up own time zone in snub to Japan
- No more 'quotas'
- Prince Charles's 'black spider memos' released
Date created : 2010-11-24