US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- North Korea conducts 'failed' missile test
- Xi and Tillerson pledge cooperation on nuclear-armed North Korea
- Video: Former Jimmy Carter adviser calls on China to take joint stand towards North Korea
- Former Carter adviser calls on China to take joint stand towards N. Korea
- 'Neo-Cold War' alignment in the Korean Peninsula?
- Escalation: North Korea takes on all comers (part 1)
- Escalation: North Korea takes on all comers (part 2)
- Backlash after Ben Carson refers to slaves as 'immigrants'
- Pyongyang bars Malaysians from leaving N. Korea as tensions over Kim death mount
- US deploys defence system after North's ballistic missile test
Date created : 2010-11-24