US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- No more 'quotas'
- Prince Charles's 'black spider memos' released
- North Korea 'executes defence chief' who fell asleep at meeting
- North Korean diplomats storm out of UN rights meeting
- Police beat kids in Guinea, and militias dynamite homes in Iraq
- North Korea says Mexico ‘forcibly detaining’ grounded ship
- Sony boss condemns 'vicious' cyber attack
- US launches N. Korea sanctions over Sony cyberattack
- North Korean leader proposes talks with South
- 'If the missing AirAsia plane crashed, 2014 was one of deadliest years in almost a decade'
Date created : 2010-11-24