US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- S. Korea takes down disputed border ‘Christmas tree’
- US citizen released from North Korea
- Where was Kim Jong-un? Web users investigate
- North and South Korea hold talks amid border tensions
- Kim Jong-un strolls back into public view
- North Korea’s leader reappears in public
- Where in the world is Kim Jong-un?
- N. Korean leader's latest no-show fuels speculation
- The West faces up to Ebola
- North, South Korea agree to talks during surprise visit
Date created : 2010-11-24