US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- N. Korea sentences US man to six years of hard labour
- North Korea 'backs Scottish independence'
- Tokyo determined to secure return of abducted citizens from North Korea
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Japan to lift some sanctions on North Korea
- Two Americans to face trial in N. Korea, Pyongyang says
- North Korea fires two ballistic missiles to defy UN ban
- Stand-off with South Korean soldier who killed five troops
- North Korea arrests US tourist over ‘illegal’ activities
- The Future of Warfare: Science Fiction or Fact?
Date created : 2010-11-24