US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- Kim Jong-un loves Swiss cheese
- N. Korea not amused by London hair salon's Kim Jong-un ad
- Back to the future
- Valls to the rescue?
- North, South Korea exchange fire across disputed sea border
- North Korea threatens new nuclear tests
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-un stands in ‘election’
- Surviving North Korea's prison camps
- Korean families reunited after 60 years of separation
- N Korea should face criminal court, UN report says
Date created : 2010-11-24