US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- North Korea demands joint inquiry with US into Sony hack
- Sony denies having 'caved' over North Korea film
- FBI accuses North Korea of launching Sony cyberattack
- 'Castro's hipster apologists want to keep Cuba authentically poor'
- US mulls ‘proportional’ response to Sony cyberattack
- UN nations call for North Korea to face ICC over rights abuses
- Sony pulls comedy on North Korea after hacker threats
- NY cinema scraps North Korea comedy after hackers invoke 9/11
- N. Korea denies Sony attack but hails ‘righteous deed’
- UN panel calls for North Korea human rights probe
Date created : 2010-11-24