US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- Sony boss condemns 'vicious' cyber attack
- US launches N. Korea sanctions over Sony cyberattack
- North Korean leader proposes talks with South
- 'If the missing AirAsia plane crashed, 2014 was one of deadliest years in almost a decade'
- 'Collective behaviour problem' because of snow in Alps
- ‘The Interview’ makes $18 million in opening weekend
- Sony, YouTube to stream 'The Interview' comedy
- Uruguay: freed Guantanamo detainees try to adjust to normal life
- US cinemas to screen ‘The Interview’ on Christmas Day
- Would a (hypothetical) US cyber attack on North Korea be legal?
Date created : 2010-11-24