US President Barack Obama has called on North Korea’s sole remaining ally, China, to join other major powers in compelling the rogue state to “abide by the rules.” Obama also stated in an interview that the US would defend its ally South Korea.
REUTERS - The United States urged restraint on Tuesday following a North Korean artillery attack on South Korea and vowed to forge a "measured and unified" response with major powers, including China.
WHAT IS CHINA'S REPONSE SO FAR?
TOP STORY: WHAT PROVOKED NORTH KOREA?
NORTH SOUTH CONFLICT: RECENT SPATS
- Libyan troops seize North Korea-flagged oil tanker
- Libya threatens to bomb N.Korea oil ship trading with rebels
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-un stands in ‘election’
- Surviving North Korea's prison camps
- Korean families reunited after 60 years of separation
- N Korea should face criminal court, UN report says
- A witch hunt in Cameroon, African migrants locked up in Israel, and more
- The controversial death of a teenage stringer in Syria
- How the massive NY pension scam worked
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un hails execution of uncle
Date created : 2010-11-24