France’s President Nicolas Sarkozy began a four-day trip to India Saturday in the hope of securing French firms billions of euros in deals for fighter planes and nuclear reactors, and himself support for his G20 proposals for financial reform.
AP - President Nicolas Sarkozy arrived Saturday on a four-day visit to India, seeking to drum up business for French firms, with a deal expected on building nuclear plants to feed the Asian giant’s burgeoning energy needs.
SARKOZY'S INDIA AGENDA:
Saturday, Dec. 4
- Visit to the Indian Space Research Organisation in Bangalore.
Sunday, Dec. 5
- Private visit to the historic Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikhri citadel in Agra
- Dinner in New Delhi with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. All eyes on Mrs. Sarkozy’s evening dress.
Monday, Dec. 6
- Delegation level talks at Hyderabad House followed by signing of agreements.
- Working lunch with Indian PM.
- Joint press conference with Indian PM.
- Meeting with Indian President Pratibha Patil
Tuesday, Dec. 7
- Visit to Mumbai, tributes to victims of 2008 terrorist attacks, terrorism speech at Oberoi Hotel, where two French citizens died in the attacks.
- Business dominates trip to Indian commercial capital with an address at Indian-French economic summit.
"FRENCH HOPING TO GET A PIECE OF THE INDIAN MILITARY DEVELOPMENT PIE"
Date created : 2010-12-04