Latest update: 17/01/2011
- Hezbollah - Lebanon - Rafik Hariri - Saad Hariri
Trying times in Lebanon (Part 2)
After Hezbollah quits Lebanon’s government of national unity, why are so many nations so deeply involved in what boils down to a murder trial? But as François Picard’s panel points out, Rafiq Hariri’s not just any victim and the Special Tribunal for Lebanon’s not just any jurisdiction.
- Nahida NAKAD, Head, France 24 Arabic Service
- Régis LE SOMMIER, Deputy Editor-in-chief, Paris Match
- Nadim SHEHADI, Associate Fellow, Middle East and North Africa Programme at Chatham House (By satellite from London)
- Paul SALEM, Director of the Carnegie Middle East Center in Beirut (By satellite from Beirut, Lebanon)
Programme produced by Perrine Desplats and Yi Song.