Latest update: 21/01/2011
- Hezbollah - Lebanon - Rafik Hariri - Saudi Arabia - Turkey
Showdown in Lebanon
As regional mediation efforts fail, is it back to the brink of civil war in Lebanon? Guests mull over what went wrong in joint Saudi-Syrian mediation and explain why the investigation into one man's assassination – former premier Rafiq Hariri – is enough to trigger a regional crisis.
- Ali NASSREDDINE, Lebanese independent journalist
- Abdel Bari ATWAN, Editor-in-chief, Al-Quds Al-Arabi (By satellite from London)
- Walid PHARES, Senior Fellow, Foundation for Defense of Democracies (Satellite from Washington)
- Lucy FIELDER, France 24 correspondent in Beirut (By phone from Beirut)
Programme produced by Perrine Desplats and Yi Song.