The mediator in Belgium's political crisis, Johan Vande Lanotte (pictured), quit Wednesday after failing to break the deadlock between the country's Dutch and French-speaking leaders. The country has been without a government since June.
AFP - King Albert II's mediator in the country's months-long political crisis threw in the towel Wednesday after failing to break a deadlock between Dutch and French-speaking leaders, a palace statement said.
CRISIS IN BELGIUM
- Food waste: Hard to digest
- Belgium gives dying children right to euthanasia
- ‘These are children, not terrorists,' say Belgian parents of Syria jihadists
- Belgium considers legalising euthanasia for children
- PSG draw 1-1 with Anderlecht in Champions League
- Populism in Europe: what's the best weapon against the far right?
- Louboutin wins fight to pull shoes from anti-sharia advert
- Vettel wins Belgian GP and extends his overall lead
- Depardieu throws house-warming bash in Belgium
- Belgian jihadists in Syria stripped of welfare benefits
- France recalls Abidal, Nasri for Belgium friendly
- Oh, baby! The UK and royalty (part 2)
- Oh, baby! The UK and royalty
- Papa Francesco in Rio
- Belgium denies early release to paedophile Dutroux
Date created : 2011-01-26