The mediator in Belgium's political crisis, Johan Vande Lanotte (pictured), quit Wednesday after failing to break the deadlock between the country's Dutch and French-speaking leaders. The country has been without a government since June.
AFP - King Albert II's mediator in the country's months-long political crisis threw in the towel Wednesday after failing to break a deadlock between Dutch and French-speaking leaders, a palace statement said.
CRISIS IN BELGIUM
- Belgians share pears to support farmers
- World leaders, royals come together for WWI commemoration
- Suspect in Jewish Museum attack charged in 'terrorist' killings
- France extradites suspected Jewish Museum shooter to Belgium
- Suspect in Brussels Jewish Museum shooting drops extradition appeal
- Argentina reach semi-finals with 1-0 defeat of Belgium
- Argentina take on Belgium's 'golden generation'
- Belgium knock out USA 2-1 in thrilling extra time clash
- Video: ‘Soccer fever’ grips US ahead of Belgium clash
- Lucky Peterson: 'The Son of a Bluesman'
- France to extradite Brussels Jewish museum shooting suspect
- Belgium beat Russia 1-0 to reach World Cup knockout stages
- World Cup: Can Belgium’s ‘golden generation’ unite a divided country?
- To Syria and Back: How to Stop Homegrown Jihadism? (part 2)
- Food waste: Hard to digest
Date created : 2011-01-26