Soldiers were deployed in Libya's second-largest city of Benghazi Friday after thousands turned out overnight to demonstrate against violence between security forces and anti-government protesters that left at least 20 people dead.
REUTERS - Soldiers were deployed on the streets of Libya's second city of Benghazi on Friday, a witness said, after thousands of people took to the streets overnight to protest about security forces killing more than 20 protesters.
The Gaddafi family
- Libyan PM: 'We need UN's support to hold vote'
- Can Macron’s Libya talks deliver anything more than a photo op?
- Libya rocket attack kills five on Tripoli beach
- ICC calls for arrest of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi
- Libya: Six years on, what remains of the revolution in key city of Zintan?
- Six years after uprising, Libya’s struggles endure
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam wants to 'contribute to unification of Libya'
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam 'released' from Libya jail, his lawyer tells FRANCE 24
- Libyan unity forces bombard IS group bastion Sirte
- ‘Libya my worst mistake’, says President Obama
Date created : 2011-02-18