Soldiers were deployed in Libya's second-largest city of Benghazi Friday after thousands turned out overnight to demonstrate against violence between security forces and anti-government protesters that left at least 20 people dead.
REUTERS - Soldiers were deployed on the streets of Libya's second city of Benghazi on Friday, a witness said, after thousands of people took to the streets overnight to protest about security forces killing more than 20 protesters.
The Gaddafi family
- Fresh clashes erupt between rival Libya militias
- Dozens killed as Tripoli residents clash with militias
- Gaddafi's widow demands return of dictator’s body
- Libyan PM’s abduction raises disturbing questions
- Libyan PM Ali Zeidan freed after brief captivity
- US captures most-wanted Libyan al Qaeda leader
- Sarkozy’s ex-wife 'berated' Libya’s Gaddafi
- Held by militia, Gaddafi's son misses Tripoli hearing
- Blast rocks Benghazi, a year after US consulate attack
- Ex-French ambassador arrested with €350,000 cash
Date created : 2011-02-18