Soldiers were deployed in Libya's second-largest city of Benghazi Friday after thousands turned out overnight to demonstrate against violence between security forces and anti-government protesters that left at least 20 people dead.
REUTERS - Soldiers were deployed on the streets of Libya's second city of Benghazi on Friday, a witness said, after thousands of people took to the streets overnight to protest about security forces killing more than 20 protesters.
The Gaddafi family
- Libya, where militias reign
- The Scramble for Libya: Who Will Fill the Post-Gaddafi Power Vacuum? (part 2)
- The Scramble for Libya: Who Will Fill the Post-Gaddafi Power Vacuum?
- Several injured in shootings as armed men storm Libya parliament
- Trial of Gaddafi regime officials to resume April 27
- Can Libya Keep It Together? (part 2)
- Sarkozy's 2007 campaign part-funded by Gaddafi?
- Gaddafi funded ‘mentally deficient’ Sarkozy, interview claims
- Trouble in Tripoli - meeting the militias
- Fresh clashes erupt between rival Libya militias
Date created : 2011-02-18