Soldiers were deployed in Libya's second-largest city of Benghazi Friday after thousands turned out overnight to demonstrate against violence between security forces and anti-government protesters that left at least 20 people dead.
REUTERS - Soldiers were deployed on the streets of Libya's second city of Benghazi on Friday, a witness said, after thousands of people took to the streets overnight to protest about security forces killing more than 20 protesters.
The Gaddafi family
- Niger turns one of Gaddafi's sons over to Libyan justice
- Apathy, security fears overshadow Libya vote
- Libya destroys last of Gaddafi’s chemical weapons
- Sarkozy's 2007 campaign part-funded by Gaddafi?
- Gaddafi funded ‘mentally deficient’ Sarkozy, interview claims
- Trouble in Tripoli - meeting the militias
- Geoff D. Porter, founder and managing director, North Africa Risk Consulting
- The abduction of Libya's prime minister (part 2)
- The abduction of Libya's prime minister
- Libyan PM’s abduction raises disturbing questions
Date created : 2011-02-18