Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has appeared on state television to deny rumours he had fled to Venezuela amid the worst unrest to hit the country in his 41-year rule.
REUTERS - Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi signalled his defiance in the face of a mounting revolt against his 41-year rule on Tuesday, making a brief appearance on state television and denying he had fled the country.
"A feeling this is a Rwanda moment: either you act or there will be blood on the hands of the UN"
The Gaddafi family
- Can Macron’s Libya talks deliver anything more than a photo op?
- Libya rocket attack kills five on Tripoli beach
- ICC calls for arrest of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi
- Libya: Six years on, what remains of the revolution in key city of Zintan?
- Six years after uprising, Libya’s struggles endure
- French papers dissect Macron's presidential bid
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam 'released' from Libya jail, his lawyer tells FRANCE 24
- Libyan unity forces bombard IS group bastion Sirte
- ‘Libya my worst mistake’, says President Obama
- UN Security Council approves Libya unity accord
Date created : 2011-02-22