Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has appeared on state television to deny rumours he had fled to Venezuela amid the worst unrest to hit the country in his 41-year rule.
REUTERS - Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi signalled his defiance in the face of a mounting revolt against his 41-year rule on Tuesday, making a brief appearance on state television and denying he had fled the country.
"A feeling this is a Rwanda moment: either you act or there will be blood on the hands of the UN"
The Gaddafi family
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam wants to 'contribute to unification of Libya'
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam 'released' from Libya jail, his lawyer tells FRANCE 24
- Libyan unity forces bombard IS group bastion Sirte
- ‘Libya my worst mistake’, says President Obama
- UN Security Council approves Libya unity accord
- Libya’s rival factions sign UN-brokered unity government deal
- Former Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan speaks out
- Libya, where militias reign
- The Scramble for Libya: Who Will Fill the Post-Gaddafi Power Vacuum? (part 2)
- The Scramble for Libya: Who Will Fill the Post-Gaddafi Power Vacuum?
Date created : 2011-02-22