Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has appeared on state television to deny rumours he had fled to Venezuela amid the worst unrest to hit the country in his 41-year rule.
REUTERS - Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi signalled his defiance in the face of a mounting revolt against his 41-year rule on Tuesday, making a brief appearance on state television and denying he had fled the country.
"A feeling this is a Rwanda moment: either you act or there will be blood on the hands of the UN"
The Gaddafi family
- Libya, where militias reign
- The Scramble for Libya: Who Will Fill the Post-Gaddafi Power Vacuum? (part 2)
- The Scramble for Libya: Who Will Fill the Post-Gaddafi Power Vacuum?
- Several injured in shootings as armed men storm Libya parliament
- Trial of Gaddafi regime officials to resume April 27
- Can Libya Keep It Together? (part 2)
- Sarkozy's 2007 campaign part-funded by Gaddafi?
- Gaddafi funded ‘mentally deficient’ Sarkozy, interview claims
- Trouble in Tripoli - meeting the militias
- Fresh clashes erupt between rival Libya militias
Date created : 2011-02-22