Xavier Beauvois’ sombre film “Of Gods and Men” won the César award for the best film Friday, while Roman Polanski’s “Ghostwriter” scooped up four prizes and American director Quentin Tarantino received an honorary César.
REUTERS - "Of Gods and Men," a film about the unsolved murder of French monks during Algeria's brutal civil conflict in the 1990s, won best film on Friday in France's annual version of the Academy Awards.
83rd annual Academy Awards
- Serge Gainsbourg, 25 years on
- Oscar-winning documentary set to change law
- 'Best Horror Show goes to...'
- ‘Spotlight’ shocks as DiCaprio wins best actor Oscar
- Hollywood prepares for Oscars in wake of diversity controversy
- France's 'Mustang' in the running for best foreign film
- Wedding haka goes viral
- How many French kisses do you want?
- Fighting the Zika virus in Brazil
- Spike Lee, Jada Pinkett Smith to boycott ‘lily white’ Oscars
Date created : 2011-02-26