Xavier Beauvois’ sombre film “Of Gods and Men” won the César award for the best film Friday, while Roman Polanski’s “Ghostwriter” scooped up four prizes and American director Quentin Tarantino received an honorary César.
REUTERS - "Of Gods and Men," a film about the unsolved murder of French monks during Algeria's brutal civil conflict in the 1990s, won best film on Friday in France's annual version of the Academy Awards.
83rd annual Academy Awards
- Women in the workforce: IMF says closing the gender gap makes economic sense
- How French women wash
- USA: Congressional standoff over immigration
- 'Inside the life of a drone operator'
- It's 'back to business' for Charlie Hebdo
- Greece and Brussels closer to a deal, but more negotiations lie ahead
- ‘Searching for Sugar Man’ filmmaker dies at 36
- The World This Week - March 7th, 2014 (part 2)
- The World This Week - March 7th, 2014
- Maduro: Ruling in Chavez's shadow
Date created : 2011-02-26