Xavier Beauvois’ sombre film “Of Gods and Men” won the César award for the best film Friday, while Roman Polanski’s “Ghostwriter” scooped up four prizes and American director Quentin Tarantino received an honorary César.
REUTERS - "Of Gods and Men," a film about the unsolved murder of French monks during Algeria's brutal civil conflict in the 1990s, won best film on Friday in France's annual version of the Academy Awards.
83rd annual Academy Awards
- Monumental mix up at Oscars
- White House silence over Kansas bar shooting angers India
- Oscars: Not so white anymore, but very political
- 'Moonlight' takes best picture Oscar after 'La La Land' wrongly announced as winner
- 'Elephant Man' star John Hurt dies at 77
- Film ‘Elle’ tops France’s César Award list amid Polanski controversy
- Serge Gainsbourg, 25 years on
- Oscar-winning documentary set to change law
- 'Best Horror Show goes to...'
- ‘Spotlight’ shocks as DiCaprio wins best actor Oscar
Date created : 2011-02-26