Libyan forces stepped up their offensive to crush a popular uprising against Muammar Gaddafi Tuesday using rockets, tanks and warplanes to attack rebel strongholds in the east and the west.
REUTERS - Libyan government forces attacked rebels with rockets, tanks and warplanes on western and eastern fronts, intensifying their offensive to crush the revolt against Muammar Gaddafi.
France 24's Cyril Vanier reports on Gaddafi forces renewed attacks on rebel positions near Ras Lanuf
- ICC calls for arrest of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi
- Libya: Six years on, what remains of the revolution in key city of Zintan?
- Six years after uprising, Libya’s struggles endure
- French papers dissect Macron's presidential bid
- Sarkozy received suitcases full of cash from Libya’s Gaddafi, businessman says
- Video: Oil field seizures by renegade Libyan general undermine Tripoli government
- Gadhafi's son freed after kidnapping in Lebanon
Date created : 2011-03-08