Libyan forces stepped up their offensive to crush a popular uprising against Muammar Gaddafi Tuesday using rockets, tanks and warplanes to attack rebel strongholds in the east and the west.
REUTERS - Libyan government forces attacked rebels with rockets, tanks and warplanes on western and eastern fronts, intensifying their offensive to crush the revolt against Muammar Gaddafi.
France 24's Cyril Vanier reports on Gaddafi forces renewed attacks on rebel positions near Ras Lanuf
- Libyan PM’s abduction raises disturbing questions
- Libyan PM Ali Zeidan freed after brief captivity
- US captures most-wanted Libyan al Qaeda leader
- Sarkozy’s ex-wife 'berated' Libya’s Gaddafi
- Held by militia, Gaddafi's son misses Tripoli hearing
- Blast rocks Benghazi, a year after US consulate attack
- Ex-French ambassador arrested with €350,000 cash
Date created : 2011-03-08