Libyan forces stepped up their offensive to crush a popular uprising against Muammar Gaddafi Tuesday using rockets, tanks and warplanes to attack rebel strongholds in the east and the west.
REUTERS - Libyan government forces attacked rebels with rockets, tanks and warplanes on western and eastern fronts, intensifying their offensive to crush the revolt against Muammar Gaddafi.
France 24's Cyril Vanier reports on Gaddafi forces renewed attacks on rebel positions near Ras Lanuf
- Libyan PM: 'We need UN's support to hold vote'
- Can Macron’s Libya talks deliver anything more than a photo op?
- Libya rocket attack kills five on Tripoli beach
- ICC calls for arrest of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi
- Libya: Six years on, what remains of the revolution in key city of Zintan?
- Six years after uprising, Libya’s struggles endure
- ‘Libya my worst mistake’, says President Obama
Date created : 2011-03-08