Libyan forces stepped up their offensive to crush a popular uprising against Muammar Gaddafi Tuesday using rockets, tanks and warplanes to attack rebel strongholds in the east and the west.
REUTERS - Libyan government forces attacked rebels with rockets, tanks and warplanes on western and eastern fronts, intensifying their offensive to crush the revolt against Muammar Gaddafi.
France 24's Cyril Vanier reports on Gaddafi forces renewed attacks on rebel positions near Ras Lanuf
- Six years after uprising, Libya’s struggles endure
- French papers dissect Macron's presidential bid
- Sarkozy received suitcases full of cash from Libya’s Gaddafi, businessman says
- Video: Oil field seizures by renegade Libyan general undermine Tripoli government
- British lawmakers blame Cameron and Sarkozy for ‘ill-conceived’ Libya intervention
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam wants to 'contribute to unification of Libya'
- Four years on, Gaddafi's legacy plagues chaotic Libya
Date created : 2011-03-08