Libyan forces stepped up their offensive to crush a popular uprising against Muammar Gaddafi Tuesday using rockets, tanks and warplanes to attack rebel strongholds in the east and the west.
REUTERS - Libyan government forces attacked rebels with rockets, tanks and warplanes on western and eastern fronts, intensifying their offensive to crush the revolt against Muammar Gaddafi.
France 24's Cyril Vanier reports on Gaddafi forces renewed attacks on rebel positions near Ras Lanuf
- UN Security Council approves Libya unity accord
- Libya’s rival factions sign UN-brokered unity government deal
- Gadhafi's son freed after kidnapping in Lebanon
- Libya's rival governments reach long-awaited peace deal
- Four years on, Gaddafi's legacy plagues chaotic Libya
- Two new suspects identified over 1988 Lockerbie bombing
- Can Libya Keep It Together?
Date created : 2011-03-08