Libyan forces stepped up their offensive to crush a popular uprising against Muammar Gaddafi Tuesday using rockets, tanks and warplanes to attack rebel strongholds in the east and the west.
REUTERS - Libyan government forces attacked rebels with rockets, tanks and warplanes on western and eastern fronts, intensifying their offensive to crush the revolt against Muammar Gaddafi.
France 24's Cyril Vanier reports on Gaddafi forces renewed attacks on rebel positions near Ras Lanuf
- Four years on, Gaddafi's legacy plagues chaotic Libya
- Two new suspects identified over 1988 Lockerbie bombing
- Former Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan speaks out
- Libya, where militias reign
- The Scramble for Libya: Who Will Fill the Post-Gaddafi Power Vacuum? (part 2)
- The Scramble for Libya: Who Will Fill the Post-Gaddafi Power Vacuum?
- Sarkozy's 2007 campaign part-funded by Gaddafi?
Date created : 2011-03-08