While Japanese opposition members rapped Naoto Kan for his handling of the country’s nuclear crisis Tuesday, a major opinion poll shows the prime minister has gained popularity since the disaster struck on March 11.
AP – Just about two weeks ago, in a seemingly distant time, Japan’s Naoto Kan appeared a doomed leader in need of a miracle to keep his job.
He got a catastrophe instead.
From France 24's Observers in Japan
- The ten most striking amateur videos of the earthquake in Japan
- Russian director says tsunami sent to punish 'Godless' Japanese
- From salt to smoothies: how to prepare for a nuclear cloud
- Observer tells of struggle to flee town near Fukushima plant
- ‘Should I stay or should I go?’ Expats in Japan face up to nuclear threat
Date created : 2011-03-29