After a long, slow burn, Laurent Gbagbo’s support unravels fast with Alassane Ouattara’s forces at the gates of Abidjan. Is it the end of Ivory Coast’s long civil war? Stephen Ellis downplays ethnic rivalries and argues it was all about personal ambition.
- Billie O’KADAMERI, Journalist, RFI
- Xavier GHELBER, Member of the Paris Bar
- Bernard MARK, France 24 Correspondent (By phone from Abidjan)
- Jean-Baptiste HATCHELOY, Grand Bassam resident (By phone from Grand Bassam)
- Stephen ELLIS, Researcher at the African Studies Center in Leiden (By phone from Amsterdam)
Program produced by Yi Song and Pauline Heilmann.