Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa arrived in London late Wednesday after defecting from Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's government in protest at the killing of civilians. British authorities say the move is a “significant blow” for the Libyan leader.
REUTERS – Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa, one of Muammar Gaddafi's closest advisers and a former spy chief, defected and flew to Britain on Wednesday in protest at attacks by Gaddafi forces on civilians, a friend said.
- Video: Oil field seizures by renegade Libyan general undermine Tripoli government
- British lawmakers blame Cameron and Sarkozy for ‘ill-conceived’ Libya intervention
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam wants to 'contribute to unification of Libya'
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam 'released' from Libya jail, his lawyer tells FRANCE 24
- Libyan unity forces bombard IS group bastion Sirte
- ‘Libya my worst mistake’, says President Obama
- Libya, where militias reign
Date created : 2011-03-31