Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa arrived in London late Wednesday after defecting from Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's government in protest at the killing of civilians. British authorities say the move is a “significant blow” for the Libyan leader.
REUTERS – Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa, one of Muammar Gaddafi's closest advisers and a former spy chief, defected and flew to Britain on Wednesday in protest at attacks by Gaddafi forces on civilians, a friend said.
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam wants to 'contribute to unification of Libya'
- Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam 'released' from Libya jail, his lawyer tells FRANCE 24
- Libyan unity forces bombard IS group bastion Sirte
- ‘Libya my worst mistake’, says President Obama
- UN Security Council approves Libya unity accord
- Libya’s rival factions sign UN-brokered unity government deal
- The Scramble for Libya: Who Will Fill the Post-Gaddafi Power Vacuum?
Date created : 2011-03-31