Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa arrived in London late Wednesday after defecting from Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's government in protest at the killing of civilians. British authorities say the move is a “significant blow” for the Libyan leader.
REUTERS – Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa, one of Muammar Gaddafi's closest advisers and a former spy chief, defected and flew to Britain on Wednesday in protest at attacks by Gaddafi forces on civilians, a friend said.
- Libyan unity forces bombard IS group bastion Sirte
- ‘Libya my worst mistake’, says President Obama
- UN Security Council approves Libya unity accord
- Libya’s rival factions sign UN-brokered unity government deal
- Gadhafi's son freed after kidnapping in Lebanon
- Libya's rival governments reach long-awaited peace deal
- Trial of Gaddafi regime officials to resume April 27
Date created : 2011-03-31