Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa arrived in London late Wednesday after defecting from Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's government in protest at the killing of civilians. British authorities say the move is a “significant blow” for the Libyan leader.
REUTERS – Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa, one of Muammar Gaddafi's closest advisers and a former spy chief, defected and flew to Britain on Wednesday in protest at attacks by Gaddafi forces on civilians, a friend said.
- Libyan PM: 'We need UN's support to hold vote'
- Can Macron’s Libya talks deliver anything more than a photo op?
- Libya rocket attack kills five on Tripoli beach
- ICC calls for arrest of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi
- Libya: Six years on, what remains of the revolution in key city of Zintan?
- Six years after uprising, Libya’s struggles endure
- ‘Libya my worst mistake’, says President Obama
Date created : 2011-03-31