Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa arrived in London late Wednesday after defecting from Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's government in protest at the killing of civilians. British authorities say the move is a “significant blow” for the Libyan leader.
REUTERS – Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa, one of Muammar Gaddafi's closest advisers and a former spy chief, defected and flew to Britain on Wednesday in protest at attacks by Gaddafi forces on civilians, a friend said.
- Trial of Gaddafi regime officials to resume April 27
- Can Libya Keep It Together? (part 2)
- Can Libya Keep It Together?
- Niger turns one of Gaddafi's sons over to Libyan justice
- Apathy, security fears overshadow Libya vote
- Libya destroys last of Gaddafi’s chemical weapons
- Geoff D. Porter, founder and managing director, North Africa Risk Consulting
Date created : 2011-03-31