Libyan rebels say at least 10 people were killed overnight when a coalition air strike hit a rebel convoy en route to Brega, a strategic oil town that has changed hands repeatedly since the start of the UN-backed military intervention in Libya.
REUTERS - At least 10 rebels were killed by a coalition air strike on Friday, fighters at the scene said on Saturday, in an increasingly chaotic battle with Muammar Gaddafi's forces over the oil town of Brega.
WAR IN LIBYA
- EU approves naval mission to tackle people smugglers in Mediterranean
- Tensions continue to rise in Bujumbura
- Crewman killed in air attack on Turkish ship off Libya
- Burundi's Nkurunziza registers to run for a third term
- French patrol ship rescues 217 migrants off Libyan coast
- Detainees 'killed journalists in Libya,' not Islamic State group
- EU to hold urgent meeting after migrant boat disaster
- Allies meets for Libya summit
- Misrata: the rebels' only western bastion
Defection of ex-foreign minister
Date created : 2011-04-02