Libyan rebels say at least 10 people were killed overnight when a coalition air strike hit a rebel convoy en route to Brega, a strategic oil town that has changed hands repeatedly since the start of the UN-backed military intervention in Libya.
REUTERS - At least 10 rebels were killed by a coalition air strike on Friday, fighters at the scene said on Saturday, in an increasingly chaotic battle with Muammar Gaddafi's forces over the oil town of Brega.
WAR IN LIBYA
- Libya's Haftar launches offensive to seize eastern city from 'terrorists'
- A migrant's tale: 'Europe is not El Dorado'
- MSF warns of 'critical' situation for migrants in Libya
- 14 killed as extremists storm Libya's election commission
- Why Haftar’s absence could tip Libya into further chaos
- Violence in DR Congo's Ituri Province forces thousands to live in camps
- Libyan strongman Khalifa Haftar admitted to Paris hospital
- Allies meets for Libya summit
- Misrata: the rebels' only western bastion
Defection of ex-foreign minister
Date created : 2011-04-02