Libyan rebels say at least 10 people were killed overnight when a coalition air strike hit a rebel convoy en route to Brega, a strategic oil town that has changed hands repeatedly since the start of the UN-backed military intervention in Libya.
REUTERS - At least 10 rebels were killed by a coalition air strike on Friday, fighters at the scene said on Saturday, in an increasingly chaotic battle with Muammar Gaddafi's forces over the oil town of Brega.
WAR IN LIBYA
- Libyan plane hijackers surrender in Malta
- Most passengers released from hijacked Libyan plane in Malta
- Italian court issues 18-year sentence to captain in migrant shipwreck
- 'Libyans want a return to security'
- Italy leads rescue of more than 6,000 migrants off Libyan coast
- FRANCE 24 exclusive: The last stand for Libya’s Oil Crescent
- Two Italians kidnapped in southern Libya, foreign ministry says
- Allies meets for Libya summit
- Misrata: the rebels' only western bastion
Defection of ex-foreign minister
Date created : 2011-04-02