Libyan rebels say at least 10 people were killed overnight when a coalition air strike hit a rebel convoy en route to Brega, a strategic oil town that has changed hands repeatedly since the start of the UN-backed military intervention in Libya.
REUTERS - At least 10 rebels were killed by a coalition air strike on Friday, fighters at the scene said on Saturday, in an increasingly chaotic battle with Muammar Gaddafi's forces over the oil town of Brega.
WAR IN LIBYA
- Exiled family returns to Somaliland
- Libyan army backs ex-general in battle with Benghazi Islamists
- Deadly clashes follow UN call for peace in Libya
- UN chief makes surprise visit to Libya
- Tunisia takes in new wave of Libyan refugees
- British teacher held hostage in Libya freed
- Niger: Top opposition figure to be questioned in baby-trafficking scandal
- Allies meets for Libya summit
- Misrata: the rebels' only western bastion
Defection of ex-foreign minister
Date created : 2011-04-02