Libyan rebels say at least 10 people were killed overnight when a coalition air strike hit a rebel convoy en route to Brega, a strategic oil town that has changed hands repeatedly since the start of the UN-backed military intervention in Libya.
REUTERS - At least 10 rebels were killed by a coalition air strike on Friday, fighters at the scene said on Saturday, in an increasingly chaotic battle with Muammar Gaddafi's forces over the oil town of Brega.
WAR IN LIBYA
- IS group claims suicide bombing in Benghazi
- Illegal immigration to EU 'is not out of control', Frontex head says
- Foreigners seized by Islamic State group in Libya
- Former Sarkozy aide charged in Libya funding probe
- ‘No Mediterranean plot’ to topple Greek government: Italy’s Europe minister
- Libya’s government names anti-Islamist army chief
- Thousands of Egyptians flee Libya over IS group threat
- Allies meets for Libya summit
- Misrata: the rebels' only western bastion
Defection of ex-foreign minister
Date created : 2011-04-02