Libyan rebels say at least 10 people were killed overnight when a coalition air strike hit a rebel convoy en route to Brega, a strategic oil town that has changed hands repeatedly since the start of the UN-backed military intervention in Libya.
REUTERS - At least 10 rebels were killed by a coalition air strike on Friday, fighters at the scene said on Saturday, in an increasingly chaotic battle with Muammar Gaddafi's forces over the oil town of Brega.
WAR IN LIBYA
- Hundreds feared dead after boat sinks off Libyan coast
- Tripoli negotiator quits day before new Libya peace talks
- Italian navy rescues thousands of migrants off Libya
- On patrol: French and Nigerien soldiers in the Sahel desert
- Libya appeals for help against IS group as Sirte falls
- Confusion surrounds alleged resignation of Libyan PM
- Libyan planes sink ship, attack another near Benghazi
- Allies meets for Libya summit
- Misrata: the rebels' only western bastion
Defection of ex-foreign minister
Date created : 2011-04-02