Libyan rebels say at least 10 people were killed overnight when a coalition air strike hit a rebel convoy en route to Brega, a strategic oil town that has changed hands repeatedly since the start of the UN-backed military intervention in Libya.
REUTERS - At least 10 rebels were killed by a coalition air strike on Friday, fighters at the scene said on Saturday, in an increasingly chaotic battle with Muammar Gaddafi's forces over the oil town of Brega.
WAR IN LIBYA
- Islamists seize key Benghazi army base as fuel fire rages on
- France evacuates its nationals from Libya
- Libya oil tanker fire blazes out of control
- Ebola virus: Liberia shuts most border points
- France calls on its nationals to leave Libya as violence escalates
- US evacuates embassy in Libya amid militia clashes
- Libyan human rights activist shot dead in Benghazi
- Allies meets for Libya summit
- Misrata: the rebels' only western bastion
Defection of ex-foreign minister
Date created : 2011-04-02