Libyan rebels say at least 10 people were killed overnight when a coalition air strike hit a rebel convoy en route to Brega, a strategic oil town that has changed hands repeatedly since the start of the UN-backed military intervention in Libya.
REUTERS - At least 10 rebels were killed by a coalition air strike on Friday, fighters at the scene said on Saturday, in an increasingly chaotic battle with Muammar Gaddafi's forces over the oil town of Brega.
WAR IN LIBYA
- Women and the Arab Spring (part 2)
- Women and the Arab Spring
- Blast rocks Benghazi, a year after US consulate attack
- UN warns of villagers' terror in remote parts of Central African Republic
- Kenyan lawmakers vote to quit ICC
- Flooding in Sudan, race relations in South Africa, violence in Bangui, and more...
- 'Syria will fight terrorism', Assad tells Russian newspaper
- Allies meets for Libya summit
- Misrata: the rebels' only western bastion
Defection of ex-foreign minister
Date created : 2011-04-02