Libyan rebels say at least 10 people were killed overnight when a coalition air strike hit a rebel convoy en route to Brega, a strategic oil town that has changed hands repeatedly since the start of the UN-backed military intervention in Libya.
REUTERS - At least 10 rebels were killed by a coalition air strike on Friday, fighters at the scene said on Saturday, in an increasingly chaotic battle with Muammar Gaddafi's forces over the oil town of Brega.
WAR IN LIBYA
- Thousands of Egyptians flee Libya over IS group threat
- IS group loyalists claim deadly car bombing in eastern Libya
- Did Jeb Bush bungle his big national security speech?
- Qatar recalls ambassador to Egypt over Libya air strikes
- Libya asks UN to lift arms embargo in fight against IS
- Libya on the brink: IS group expansion prompts calls for intervention (part 2)
- Libya on the brink: IS group expansion prompts calls for intervention (part 1)
- Allies meets for Libya summit
- Misrata: the rebels' only western bastion
Defection of ex-foreign minister
Date created : 2011-04-02