Latest update: 11/04/2011
- colonialism - Ivory Coast - Kenya - Laurent Gbagbo - Libya - Syria - UK
The World This Week - Friday, April 8th
50 years after African independence, Europe’s colonial past makes headlines in The World This Week. François Picard’s panel argues over the long-term consequences of French intervention in Ivory Coast and whether it’s right to charge the current UK government for atrocities committed in the 1950s during Kenya’s Mau Mau rebellion.
- Alison SMALE, Executive Editor, International Herald Tribune.
- Kate DOURIAN, Middle East Editor, Platt’s
- Mamadou DIOUF, Professor at Columbia University, head of the Institute of African Studies
- Alexandra BRANGEON, Radio Journalist, Africanist