Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 18/04/2011
- Alassane Ouattara - Hosni Mubarak - Ivory Coast - Laurent Gbagbo - Libya - Muammar Gaddafi - Qatar
The World This Week - Friday, April 15th, 2011 (part 2)
Sparks continue to fly over the circumstances of Laurent Gbagbo’s arrest in Ivory Coast. Also, Colonel Gaddafi does a victory lap of Tripoli, and how tiny Qatar made a name for itself by befriending (almost) everyone.
- Alison SMALE. Executive Editor, International Herald Tribune.
- George KAZOLIAS. Senior Producer at AITV-RFO. Professor at the American University of Paris.
- Paul TAYLOR. Associate Editor, Reuters.
- Georges MALBRUNOT. Senior Correspondent and Middle East Expert for Le Figaro.