US President Barack Obama has called on the Pakistani government to investigate suspicions that Osama bin Laden had a “support network” inside the country before he was killed by US forces at his hideout in Abbottabad last week.
REUTERS - Osama bin Laden likely had “some sort” of a support network inside Pakistan, U.S. President Barack Obama said on Sunday, but added it will take investigations by Pakistan and the United States to find out the nature of that support.
The hunt for bin Laden
- Bin Laden targets France, blasts burqa ban and Afghan war
- Bin Laden blames French policy for Niger kidnappings
- 'Bin Laden tape' raises climate alarm
- Osama bin Laden’s former cook sentenced to 14 years
- Bin Laden warns of payback if 9/11 mastermind is executed
- Bin Laden joins climate change crusade, points finger at West
- White House cannot confirm authenticity of bin Laden tape
- Bin Laden claims Christmas bomb plot, warns of more attacks
- Bin Laden's daughter said to be at Saudi embassy in Tehran
- No reliable intelligence on bin Laden for years, says Gates
- Bin Laden not within Pakistani borders, says PM Gilani
Date created : 2011-05-08