Latest update: 16/05/2011
- Europe - European Union - immigration - Tunisia
Out of Tunisia
With all to play for as Tunisia tries to build a democracy, François Picard’s panel explains why are able young men willing to risk all to escape to Europe in rickety boats...and, as the EU tightens border controls, the cool reception that awaits them on the other end.
- Matthieu TARDIS. Head of general secretary, migrants' association "France Terre d'Asile".
- Christophe ROBEET. France 24 journalist.
- Omeyya SEDDICK. Representative of "Federation of Tunisians for a citizenship of both banks" (from Ventimille, Italy).
- Sergio ROMANO. Columnist, Corriere della Serra. Former ambassador (from Milan, Italy).
- Josephine MCKENNA. France 24 correspondent (from Rome).