Latest update: 20/05/2011
- Arab world - Barack Obama - Egypt - Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Libya - Middle East - Syria - Tunisia
Obama & the Mideast: is the US still relevant in the region?
Tonight we focus on Barack Obama’s speech on the Middle East, as the US president tries to seize the moment of the Arab Spring to break the stalemate of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. On the eve of a state visit by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Obama called on all parties to discuss a deal "on the basis of the pre-1967 borders".
- Constance BORDE, President, Democrats Abroad France
- Ziad MAJED, Political scientist, American University of Paris
- Rony BRAUMAN, Professor, Sciences Po University
- Xenia DORMANDY, Senior Fellow, US International Role, Chatham House. By satellite from London