Spanish anger: a generation demands jobs and justice (part 2)
For over a week, thousands of protesters have set up camp in the symbolic Plaza del Sol in Madrid and in dozens of other cities across Spain. This in a country that is not accustomed to holding street protests.
Those who are sleeping out night after night want jobs, a new electoral system and less corruption. Some call it a revolution; some say it's the Arab spring spreading to Europe. We analyse the ongoing protests in Spain, even as the Socialist party gets a drubbing in local elections.
Our guests :
- Ana CARBAJOSA, Journalist, El Pais. By phone from Madrid
- Raphael GONZALEZ, Computer scientist. By phone from Madrid.
- Javier SANCHEZ, Journalist, Puntoradio
- Gian-Paolo ACCARDO, Journalist, presseurop.eu
- José Manuel LAMARQUE, Journalist, Radio France
- Santi, Spokesperson for the May 15 Movement