Latest update: 21/06/2011
- Arab world - Egypt - trial - Tunisia - Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali
Ben Ali on trial (part 2)
Will ousted leader Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali get a fair day in court? Tunisians regret that the first trial of a toppled Arab dictator is taking place in absentia, but hold out hope for a fair case in a country where some fear it may prove a convenient distraction on the rocky road to a new constitution.
- Ezzeddine BEN AMOR. Tunisian High Court Attorney (from Sousse, Tunisia).
- Marina OTTAWAY. Director, Middle East Program - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (from Beirut).
- Lazare BEULLAC. Chief Editor, Maghreb Confidentiel.
- Moncef CHEIKH ROUHOU. Professor of Economics and International Finance.